We are excited for out 2018 Ellington Sprint Triathlon! We look forward to offering a great race on Sunday August 12th at Crystal Lake in Ellington CT. There will be 100+ racers competing again this year. The course will remain similar to the previous races; yes…Minor Hill is still part of the course! Click here for course maps. We will have plenty of volunteers cheering you on as you “Conquer the Hill”! Platt Systems will once again be our timing organization.
Registration Dates: April 18th- August 1st
Age Divisions both Male and Female: 12-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89
Transition Area: Transition will open at 6:00am, (Racers only are allowed in the Transition area)
Timing Chips: Registration Desk at Crystal Lake Beach: open at 6:00am
Race Start: Wave # 1: 8:00 am, Wave # 2: 8:03 am, Wave# 3: 8:06 am
Parking: Crystal Lake beach Parking Lot ( racers only), Crystal Lake School Parking Lot, Crystal Ridge Rd (Grass Area & Road), NO PARKING ALONG ROAD
Bathrooms: Bathrooms & Portable Units will be available at Crystal Lake Beach
Awards: Crystal Lake Beach 10:30am
Post Race Food: Crystal Lake Beach Area
Rules & Regulations:
Swim, Bike & Run:
The timing chip will be worn the entire race on the ankle and collected at the finish.
The 1st wave will start at 8:00am, 2nd Wave will start at 8:03am and 3rd Wave will start at 8:06am. The swim will be .25 miles around designated buoys. There will be lifeguards and staff in the water; if you need assistance, please raise your hand and a staff member will help. If you receive help during the event, you will be allowed to finish the race; however, you will be disqualified from receiving a trophy in the event you place 1st in your age group. The swim will end on the left side of the beach and racers will go to the transition area entrance to prepare for the bike and racers will walk their bikes through the transition exit. Upon completion of the bike, racers will dismount their bikes and proceed to the transition area entrance, rack their bike in their designated area and prepare for the run. The racers will exit the transition area exit for the run course; as racers return to the Crystal Lake Beach they will be directed toward the finish line. This is where the timing chips will be collected.
A few Rules:
• Racers requiring assistance during the swim, can finish the race; however, they are exempt from a trophy. Assistance is help from staff members, using the ropes or buoys and not finishing the entire swim course.
• Bike helmets are required and no IPODs are allowed on the race course.
• The course is designed to stay on the right side of the road; please bike and on the right side.
• No drafting during the bike portion. If you are passing a rider, please pass quickly and get back on the right side of the road. If you are being passed, please do not challenge the other racer, allow the pass. Once you are back in formation, you can pass the rider if you so choose.
• The course will not be closed to traffic; please be aware of your surroundings and traffic.
• Major intersections of RT 30 & RT 140, RT 30 & RT 190, RT 190 & Cooper Lane and Cooper Lane & RT 140 will be monitored by police for traffic safety.
• If you have a flat tire during the race, please have the adequate tools to repair a flat tire. If you have major equipment issues with the bicycle, we will have a race van that will monitor the course; please flag down the van if you need a ride back to Crystal Lake Beach.
• We will mark the course with mileage, the major turns and any hazard areas with cones and signs.
• This rule is mandatory: HAVE FUN!!!!!!